Pregnancy consists of plenty of good and bad moments…third trimester is definitely one of those bad moments, but the good part is that we are that much closer to the finish line!
I had the most wonderful baby shower this past weekend, and Baby Cray is so spoiled already…and a fashionista because I think we’re going to have to change her outfit five times a day to show all of her cute outfits off! I’ll do a separate blog post about the shower once I get all the pictures together! We also got the nursery pretty much finished thanks to my mom & meme who helped me hang things on the walls while I sat in the recliner with my swollen feet up and watched. So stay tuned for a nursery reveal!
Now for the lovely third trimester symptoms:
- Exhausted AGAIN
- Round ligament pain: my belly is stretching by the day…well, everything is stretching by the day to be honest. Weight gain is happening to my full body and my belly is heavy and huuuuge, but thankfully no stretch marks!
- Insomnia: I cannot for the life of me fall asleep at night, and my leg muscles feel like they constantly need to be stretched when I’m trying to sleep
- I wake up at least 4 times a night to pee.
- I pee when I sneeze.
- Totally TMI⚠️ I am already leaking breastmilk (well technically it’s called colostrum at this stage, but this has been happening for a while now) & lightning crotch (if you don’t know what it is, look it up…hard to explain)
- I get extremely winded doing absolutely nothing. Climbing the stairs is a workout, and making the bed is an olympic sport!
- I cry, randomly, for no reason.
- Kicks in the ribs ❤️
- Swollen feet, hands, and legs, plus sore joints that comes along with that extra fluid & the bottom of my feet are sore because of the extra weight. I had to buy a pair of Birkenstocks because my feet don’t fit in my normal shoes, and I needed some slip ons that I could adjust the width of. 10/10 great investment!
- Back pain☺️
- Varicose veins everywhere
- I have officially acquired a waddle when I walk
My cravings have pretty much gone away at this point, and I can only eat about half as much as I used to be able to due to a smooshed stomach & intestines.
But we are less than 6 weeks away from meeting little girl, and I just can’t wait until I can kiss those sweet cheeks and hold her tiny hand!
I know I will look completely dismiss all the negative pregnancy symptoms once I’m holding her.